Sprint 4 Retro

Last week marked the end of the end of sprint 4, and we successfully built one the last sprint that we had. During this sprint got to learn a little bit more about javascript, angular, and generally how the front end of an application works at a higher level. Going through the code with t

he team find the correct way to implement the offline auth gave me a better understanding of local storage and how web browsers like Firefox and chrome save data. Being able to use the same local storage used throughout the AMPATH application, we were able to see places that we may not have to use pouchDb thereby saving us some time. I wish I had known about this before because if I did, it would’ve sped up the time that it took to understand the correct implementation that would be required.

As usual, the team worked together very well. Our team was able to come up with a basic implementation because we all threw out ideas and tried to help each other understand the problem. My participation was extremely helpful this sprint because I provided some potential ideas/and approaches that our team could take, and some of those ideas were built upon to come up with the implementation that we currently have. During this sprint we accomplished lots, was able to locate some of the server side API code and looking through it helped me come up with a few implementation ideas that I shared with the team. Our team was also able to get the flow laid out, and we plan on sharing that with AMPATH soon to get their thoughts. Most important accomplishment by far was actually being able to save the user info when logging in and using that later on to log back in when offline. Although this implementation currently falls short of a few AMPATH requirements, it is a fantastic foundation that we will build on in the following weeks.

Having built this foundation cleared our vision for what we need to do next, and what we need to add in before we can really consider this complete. Currently our version of the app knows to use the offline auth to log in via handling of an error received when offline. This method is not the most graceful and is very limiting. Another team has completed a proper offline checker, if we had realized this sooner we could’ve easily used that instead. Integrating with the offline checker will be one of the first things that we do going forward. We also plan on having an API defined and documented, not only for our team, but for any other team that could need to integrate with our component. We also plan to communicate with the encryption team as well as the storage team, even if they don’t have a complete implementation yet we can at least try to agree on how our components will mesh.

This sprint went very well and we finally have a concrete product from it. The plan is to keep up the good teamwork and communication so we can accomplish even more next sprint.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s